The role and function of the Security and Ushers ministries is to guard the house. Your calling is to fix what you see is wrong and have a passion for what you do. Consecration is a way of getting it back. You should ask God, “Is my position still where you want me to be?” because when you are in the wrong place, you will be miserable and make everybody else miserable too.
Security is the first ministry seen when entering the Lord’s house. They need to have a spirit of hospitality because without it, people could be blocked by their attitude and the Ministry killed before people can experience is provided.
As true gatekeepers or doorkeepers, Security is commissioned to be the door, inviting the people in. Doorkeepers are the watchmen, prepared at all times for the "wolves" and ready for anything. As the watchmen, Security sees trouble coming and blocks it before it comes in. They are responsible for the safety of the house.
Ushers greet, escort the people, and watch for and discern any needs to assist with during service. Ushers need the spirit of Jesus to serve the people in love. Ushers should also pray for the grace to handle the people, especially those with disruptive spirits who want their way.
As in the military, Ushers and Security must be trained before they can be deployed and able to handle the spiritual weather of the people coming in.
- Be prayerful before, during and after service.
- Check those who want to be on the team for integrity and the Holy Ghost.
- Check yourselves for motive and passion for position.
- Learn to walk in authority; you cannot be an Usher or Security member if you are afraid.
- Know as a team, who is better in what position- front, back or sides.
- Make people want to stay or come back by the way you treat them.
- Constantly watch each other to see if there is a problem and if necessary, pass it on to someone more suitable to handle a confrontation.
- Follow instructions to be victorious. The blessing is in the obedience to the instruction.
Order, respect and discernment must be brought back into the house of God. Leaders must be anointed with the love, boldness and grace to say, “In this house, we do it this way.” Key people are needed for specific areas and people to block unnecessary issues and keep them away from the Pastor. Do not become a distraction during service or prayer; if you have to talk, take it outside. Disobedience within the ministry releases a spirit of disobedience in the house. Disobedience and distractions create division, leave the house unguarded and allow the enemy to keep getting in.
As Ushers and Security in ministry, you are called to guard the house of the Lord. Commitment is required to endure your assignment through all things.