Wat Pho is also known as The Reclining Buddha Temple, and is one of the most popular temples to visit in Bangkok, Thailand. While there are many temples in Bangkok to visit, this is a "must see" temple. It's also one of the most photographic temples in all of Thailand.
- Go early. Be there before 9 a.m. and plan to spend at least an hour or two visiting the grounds of the Wat Pho temple. There is a fee to enter and you must pay in Thai BAHT.
- Be respectful! The Reclining Buddha Temple is a sacred place to the local Thai people, and is a spiritual place for many from all over the world.
- When entering the temple and several other buildings, please remove your shoes.
- If you're not quite sure what to do, go slow and watch others. If other people are removing their shoes, remove your shoes, too.
- It's a good idea for men to wear long pants when entering any of the temples in Bangkok and throughout Thailand. In some places, you can rent long pants for your visit to a temple.
- If you plan to pray in a temple, please keep your feet under you or toward your back as you face the Buddha. Never point your feet toward the Buddha.
- Be Patient! There will be many people angling to get a good picture with their camera or cellphone. Be patient and understanding, and you'll get the perfect shot you've been wanting to shoot.
- Keep your valuables close to you. Watch where you place camera equipment.
- If someone is trying to sell you a tour or a tuk-tuk tour of Bangkok, ignore them. It does not happen often, but sometimes a well-dressed Thai man may approach you and ask you where you are from.
- Take some water and an energy bar. Generally, temples do not have places to buy drinks or snacks.
- All taxi drivers and tuk-tuk drivers know how to get to the temples. Leave early in the morning and look for a snack or breakfast place near the temple. Don't go in the heat of the mid-day. Bangkok can be very hot!
- Make sure to charge your camera battery and cellphone the night before. You don't want to miss a photographic opportunity!!
- Go and Have Fun! Be respectful, a bit quiet, and kind to others. They will show you the same courtesies.
2 Sanamchai Road, Grand Palace Subdistrict,
Pranakorn District, BANGKOK 10200, Thailand
Phone: +66 2 226 0335
Travel & Food - The Perfect Combination
If you're heading to Oahu, make sure you see Waikiki Beach. Maui is also an incredible island, along with Kauai and The Big Island of Hawaii. Also, Honolulu is the perfect "gateway" to SE Asia and one of the most visited cities in the world is Bangkok, Thailand.