Get ready for the NEW drink this summer 2014. As we all know there’s has been plenty of fruity beers on the market but some are too sweet and others have too much beer in the taste but now in comes the Amstel Radler. Amstel Radler is a mix of 40% Amstel lager and 60% natural lemon juice, its literally the best mix of beer and fruit. Perfect for your next beach or lake summer weekend or just a relaxing time on the porch.
Along with the Radler, I had the great opportunity to watch one of the top chefs Richard Blais cooking the J&I burger. Peep the recipe below:
The J&I Burger
Yield: 4 burgers
• 1 ¼ lb. of ground brisket
• 10 oz. ground chuck
• 8 oz. ground short rib
• 2 oz. dry age fat
1. Grind three meats and fat through medium die.
2. Form into 5oz patties.
The Special Sauce:
• 1 cup ketchup
• 1 cup mayonnaise
• ¼ cup cornichons, minced
• ¼ cup prepared relish
• Pinch of salt to taste
1. In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients together until well incorporated.
• 1 cup yellow mustard
• 2 tbsp. chicken stock
• 1 sprig fresh thyme
• 2 onions sliced into 1/8” onion rings
1. Marinate all ingredients
2. Sear on Plancha cast-iron griddle
• 4 good quality hamburger buns, Brioche preferably
• 8 slices of American cheese
1.On a griddle, flat top, or sauté pan, season the patties with salt & pepper and sear the patties on both sides.
2. Once cooked to desire, place a slice of cheese over each patty and allow cheese to melt.
3.Toast both sides of the hamburger buns until golden brown.
4.On the bottom bun smear a generous layer of the special sauce.
5.Stack 2 of the patties together (with cheese in between and on top) and place on top of the bottom bun, followed by the onions and the top bun.
For more summer drink ideas and recipes click on #Drinks. Cheers and Salute!