Chia seeds are a highly nutritous and tasteless functional food that can be easily added to the meals you create everyday.
This powerful super seed are seen as nature's multi-vitamin and it's easy to see why. Per gram these magical seeds have:
• Twice the amount of protein than wheat, barley and rice, boosting immunity
• Five times the calcium of milk, for stronger bones
• Twice the amount of potassium as bananas, for digestion
• Three times more iron than spinach, increasing oxygen to the body
• Seven times more vitamin C than oranges
Chia seeds can be sprinkled over a variety of foods such as breakfast cereals, oatmeal, smoothies and stir fries. You can dissolve a tablespoonful of Chia seeds into any beverage, yogurt, sauce, dressing, cake mixture or soup. When combined with water, the Chia seed dissolves to form a unique versatile gel, making it perfect for endless recipes, including this no-cook Coconut Chia Pudding.