Okay if you read this column regularly you know how the Diva feels about (see: http://www.examiner.com/article/pet-friendly-hotels-get-some-travelers-dander-up) animals in hotels, not so good. But realizing that pet owners have this need to take them along for the ride, it seemed only right to report that the Hotel del Coronado, ramped up its services to accommodate furry four-legged friends. The property plus the Beach Village at The Del, is spreading the welcome mat for animals with a “Del Dogs & Cats” program that pampers pets on check-in with amenities including an in-room pet dining menu, Del-ightful dog and cat treats, bedding and more.
To complement its new pet friendly status, the resort is introducing “Yappy Hour” for guests and locals with pets on its Sun Deck, from 4 to 5 p.m., Sundays starting May 4. Pets can snack and schmooze to their heart’s content while lapping up Evian and kibble, while their owners take in the spectacular ocean setting partaking in pet-inspired libations such as a Greyhound or a Salty Dog.
Other pet pleasantries include:
- “Purrfect” welcome amenities, including a placemat, water and food dishes, waste bags and/or litter box, scratching pad for cats and Del-ightful dog and cat treats by Daphne, the resort’s pastry chef
- Gourmet room service chef-prepared menu available for cats and dogs
- Nearby pet walking, pet-sitting, dog grooming and veterinary services
- Pet friendly guide to Coronado Island, which includes a nearby dog beach, located less than a mile from the resort
- Creature comforts like specialized bedding, crates, collars and leashes available for use during stay