The Aloe Vera plant actually is in the same family with onions and garlic as well as part of the lily family too. This succulent plant is incredible and has been used therapeutically for over 5,000 years and was referred to as the plant of immortality by the Egyptians.
It is amazing that one single plant could have not just external but internal application uses that benefit the body with its variety of components. Aloe Vera contains amino acids, enzymes, minerals, vitamins, fatty acids and polysaccharides.
Who would have thought this plant could contain so many wonderful properties to help people with when its leaves that contain a clear gel-like substance are made up of ninety-nine percent water.
Other ways Aloe Vera can be a health benefit:
- Contains anti-inflammatory properties
- Lowers high cholesterol
- Reduces heart attacks
- Contains vitamin B12 which isn’t usually found in plants
- Treats acne
- Provides aid to the digestive system when Aloe Vera juice is sipped
- The juice is a natural cleanser for the digestive system
- Ends constipation
- Helps reduce symptoms such as bloating, heartburn and irritable bowls syndrome
- Increases energy levels when consumed
- Helps regulate weight
- Cures gum disease
- Helps control blood sugar
- Helps combat the effects of aging
- A great treatment for dry skin and hair
- Soothes sunburn, psoriasis and bug bites
Aloe Vera is a powerhouse of nutrients and healthy benefits!
© 2014 Beverly Mucha / All Rights Reserved
Never miss another news or health story again! Subscribe to Beverly Mucha @ Healthy Living Examiner and receive a free notification every time something new is published.
More reading topics from this author: