It's time to schedule your vacation time at work. Instead of going to California beaches or exploring the big cities you're thinking of going somewhere international.
This is sometimes nerve-racking.
International travel is very different from traveling within the states, but there is absolutely nothing wrong with it. As long as you can be open to new experiences and places it's a great thing to try.
In fact you may find that international travel is more rewarding. Here are some reasons why.
- Traveling to different countries exposes you to different ways of enjoying life. It can be a laid back, time relaxing vacation in Mexico or an active sightseeing experience in Italy.
- When you visit other countries, you open your mind to different perspectives. This new perspective can lead to a more productive work environment when you return.
- The food is going to be unique and possibly amazing. Who doesn't love food?
- Everybody loves a good accent. This includes you listening to locals and locals listening to you (yes, we Americans have accents).
- It's fascinating to see that life can be enjoyed in different forms. Life isn't non-stop everywhere else. A large portion of the outside world works at a different pace and are highly encouraged to take travel time.
A lot of times traveling within the U.S. means still being involved with the hustle and bustle of work and regular life. Getting further away is a nice break-up to this.
We all need a little breather and break from work. Be open to experiences and international travel. After all, what's the worst that will happen? You'll arrive back home with a little extra work to do, but even then, life and work picks right back up where it left off.