Work on the multi-million dollar renovation continues, as the center will be Maui's first outlet mall and Hawaii's second outlet mall. Hard Rock Café, Ruth's Chris Steakhouse, and Hilo Hattie will continue to be the major anchors of the outlet mall, with several high-end retailers joining the Front Street location.
The Outlets of Maui is located at the intersection of Papalaua Street and Front Street. Just off Hwy 30 on the west side of Maui, the Outlets of Maui will be the island's newest and most upscale shopping complex with tenants like Brooks Brothers, Coach, and Calvin Klein in the 145,000 square foot shopping complex.
"This is exactly what the town of Lahaina needs, and it's perfect for the west side of Maui," says Skip Scott, co-owner of Lahaina Fudge Company on Front Street. "It will pull tourists and visitors to Maui from all areas of the island to the west side and will provide the largest parking space for Front Street patrons."
Take Hwy 30 to the west side of Maui. At the intersection with Papalaua Street, turn toward the ocean and Front Street. Pass through the first traffic light and parking in The Outlets of Maui will be to your right, just past the Hilo Hattie retail store.
Paid parking is available and some of the retailers will voucher your parking stub, so take it with you when leaving your car. There is plenty of parking and two parking gates for payment when you leave the parking area.
- All of the planned stores have not opened, but you can still park in the large parking area and walk to Front Street. The famous Front Street is just a few minute walk from the parking area.
- Visit Hilo Hattie either before you walk along Front Street or after your stroll along one of Maui's most historic cities - Lahaina.
- Try Ululani's Shave Ice on Front Street for a unique, Hawaiian tradition. Also grab a bag of Big Wave Taffy's famous "Hawaii Flavors" of salt water taffy at The Hawaii Fudge Company store also on Front Street.
- Want to see another Hawaiian island? Take the ferry out of Lahaina harbor to Lanai and enjoy an island that at one time was famous for pineapples.
More Hawaii Information!
- Maui is one of the most popular island in Hawaii, and most everyone visits Lahaina on the west side of Maui.
- Oahu is the most visited Hawaiian island, and Waikiki Beach and Pearl Harbor are very popular tourist sites.
- Lanai is a fun day trip from Maui, and is worth seeing for a day.
- Heading to Thailand from Maui? Thailand is one of the most interesting countries in the world, and Bangkok is an incredible city to visit.