A wedding marquee or tent is the ideal solution for that ‘outdoor-sy’ wedding either in Mom and Dads backyard, at the hotel or at an historic site, today’s choices are unlimited.
Either season is do-able in a garden space or a field. The choice is up to you, the number of window options, select clear gable ends to appreciate the view. Choose interior marquee features like lining, color and texture, matched swags and lighting to complement your décor, whether classic or contemporary, with flexible flooring, for all weathers conditions, heated or air-conditioned, you name it it is available.
The size ranges can cover every possible size of wedding you have in mind. From small to enormous… 15’X15’/4.5mX4.5m all the way up to 60’X180’/18mX72m ++++. For a seated event a minimum of 12 square feet per person is required and for a buffet style event a minimum of 6 square feet per person is needed. This is just a rules of thumb. You will also need to add in space for the dance floor, catering tables, band or DJ space etc. This will give you a rough idea of your space requirements.
Depending on the amount of guests and the space that is available for the setup the marquees are quite flexible they can even be configured into L or U shapes with seating capacities of up to 600. Some can even be attached to a building.
There is such a thing available too as tent ceiling linings that come in ivory or white with swags in any color. You can opt for the standard coconut matting or the hard wood floor. Wood or black and white dance floor sections are also available. Carpeting is another option. For the cool weather wedding heaters are also available.
Most companies that are in the wedding tent rental business will give you advice. They will come out and inspect the location and will suggest the right size and options. They will come up a few days before the wedding date and get it all set up to your specs and they will make arrangements with you about taking the tent down a few days after the wedding too. Talk with the marquee/tent consultant. Ask him/her to outline the cons as well as the pros, to help you decide whether a marquee/tent is the right option for your event. These are some of the question you should be asking them:
1. How large of a tent will I need?
2. Is my garden space large enough?
3. Does it matter if my garden space has a slope?
4. Can a marquee be erected on uneven ground?
5. Is your marquee water proof?
6. Can high heels get stuck in the coconut matting? What’s the alternative?
7. Will we need heaters? Do you supply them?
8. Can we roll up the tent sides?
9. What type of lighting will I need? Do you supply lighting?
10. Do we need a generator? Do you supply a generator?
11. How much room will we need to set aside for a DJ?
12. Can we make last minute changes/ with respect to sizing or such?
13. Will you put up/and take down the tent?
14. Do Wedding tents stand up to storms?
15. Do I need to get extra insurance for setting up a marquee or is my house-owners policy coverage enough?
Renting a wedding Marquee/tent is not cheap and naturally the more extras you choose will push up the price but it’s a definitely awesome option that should be considered when looking and planning for a different wedding site.