The Oscars Offer Some Surprises
The awards season in Hollwood is finally over.We have seen some good,some bad and some down right terrible.For years Hollywood has turned out to honor it's best and not so best actors,actresses and motion pictures.This year was no different but it did offer some surprises.
The 82nd Academy Awards offered few suprises and many predictable wins.Among the surprises was the best picture win for the Iraq war centered movie "The Hurt Locker" as The Best Motion Picture. It was completely surprising.Everyone in Hollywood thought that the move "Avatar" was going to be the winner of the award,but I guess we were all wrong.The Academy stuck it's middle finger up to all of us.
The motion picture "Precious" won two Academy Awards.The first was for Best Adapted Screenplay which was written by Geoffrey Fletcher.The other award was diservingly won by Monique,who took home Best Supporting Actress in a motion picture.Monique is only the fifth African-American woman to recieve this pretious award. Wow, is all I will say about that one.
Sandra Bullock, who is another diserving winner, won Best Actress in a leading role for her role in "The Blind Side." We all thought that Meryl Streep was finally going to be put out her misery and win, but I guess it wasn't meant to be.She is starting to become the Susan Lucci of the Academy Awards.Some in Hollywood are loudly saying ,'Better luck next year Meryl.'
Among the most predictable wins was for Jeff Bridges who won Best Actor in a leading role for "Crazy Heart." Like we didn't think he wasn't going to win.Everybody knows them queens in Hollywood love them cowboy movies.
Yet another predictable winner was for Best Animated feature film which was given to "Up." The award should have been given to "The Princess and The Frog," that was a great movie.Guess the good movies cannot win them all.
The rest of the 2010 Academy Awards were all a surprises in their respective categories. The following is a complete list of the winners of The 82nd annual Academy Awards courtesy of The Associated Press.
List of winners at the 82nd annual Academy Awards:
- Motion Picture: "The Hurt Locker."
- Actor: Jeff Bridges, "Crazy Heart."
- Actress: Sandra Bullock, "The Blind Side."
- Supporting Actor: Christoph Waltz, "Inglourious Basterds."
- Supporting Actress: Mo'Nique, "Precious: Based on the Novel 'Push' by Sapphire."
- Director: Kathryn Bigelow, "The Hurt Locker."
- Foreign Film: "El Secreto de Sus Ojos," Argentina.
- Adapted Screenplay: Geoffrey Fletcher, "Precious: Based on the Novel `Push' by Sapphire."
- Original Screenplay: Mark Boal, "The Hurt Locker."
- Animated Feature Film: "Up."
- Art Direction: "Avatar."
- Cinematography: "Avatar."
- Sound Mixing: "The Hurt Locker."
- Sound Editing: "The Hurt Locker."
- Original Score: "Up," Michael Giacchino.
- Original Song: "The Weary Kind (Theme From Crazy Heart)" from "Crazy Heart," Ryan Bingham and T Bone Burnett.
- Costume: "The Young Victoria."
- Documentary Feature: "The Cove."
- Documentary (short subject): "Music by Prudence."
- Film Editing: "The Hurt Locker."
- Makeup: "Star Trek."
- Animated Short Film: "Logorama."
- Live Action Short Film: "The New Tenants."
- Visual Effects: "Avatar."