The red carpet was rolled out, the awards were all given out, the jokes were all told, some good, sume just pure tasteless, and the top honors were awarded. Fox News Channel listed some of the top Oscar statuettes given out at the 85th annual Academy Awards. The winners were announced Sunday in Los Angeles. Here's the top-tier list of Oscars:
1. Best Picture: "Argo."
2. Actor: Daniel Day-Lewis, "Lincoln."
3. Actress: Jennifer Lawrence, "Silver Linings Playbook."
4. Supporting Actor: Christoph Waltz, "Django Unchained."
5. Supporting Actress: Anne Hathaway, "Les Miserables."
6. Directing: Ang Lee, "Life of Pi."
7. Foreign Language Film: "Amour."
8. Adapted Screenplay: Chris Terrio, "Argo."
9. Original Screenplay: Quentin Tarantino, "Django Unchained."
10. Animated Feature Film: "Brave."
11. Production Design: "Lincoln."
12. Cinematography: "Life of Pi."
13. Sound Mixing: "Les Miserables."
14. Sound Editing (tie): "Skyfall," ''Zero Dark Thirty."
15. Original Score: "Life of Pi," Mychael Danna.
16. Original Song: "Skyfall" from "Skyfall," Adele Adkins and Paul Epworth.
17. Costume: "Anna Karenina."
18. Documentary Feature: "Searching for Sugar Man."
19. Documentary (short subject): "Inocente."
20. Film Editing: "Argo."
21. Makeup and Hairstyling: "Les Miserables."
22. Animated Short Film: "Paperman."
23. Live Action Short Film: "Curfew."
24. Visual Effects: "Life of Pi."
However Staten Island arts followers, here's my look at what was not published and will probably not make the record books are the following categories:
1. Best fall: Hands down to Jennifer Lawrence on her way to the podium.
2. Most honest relationship award: Ben Affleck talking about the true fact that a relationship is work.
3. Best hug: Daniel Day-Lewis hugging presenter and nominated actress Meryl Streep.
4. Worst Academy Awards ending segment: A song by Seth McFarlane about the losers. Ended the awards on a low not a high note.
5. Most surprising Best Director win: Ang Lee for the little seen "Life of Pi."
6. Best dressed: Anne Hathaway gave gamine a chic new name in a flawless dress and performance in "Les Miserables."
7. Best live musical number: The cast of "Les Miserables" performing a medley of the amazing film live and superbly. My highlight of the night.
8. Most awarded diva: Adele wins big for "Skyfall."
9. Most surprising Best Director snub: goes to Ben Affleck. His movie wins the top award but he does not get nominated for Best Director.
10. Unexpected loss: Steven Spielberg does not win Best Director for "Lincoln."
Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2013/02/24/oscar-winners-at-85th-annual-academy-awards/#ixzz2LsxVu6If. Staten Island arts followers more stories to follow on this exciting suberbowl of film "The Academy Awards."