The 2014-2015 season line-up includes premieres as well as old favorites. With a large range of subject matter and an overflow of entertainment, there is something for the theater-goer and bystander alike. Beginning in September and continuing for months after, The Old Globe has compiled a sure to please list of extravagant shows.
- September 13 - November 2, 2014: Bright Star. These dates mark the world premiere of this new musical, a story of a soldier and a journal editor who discover a powerful secret that alters their lives.
- October 4 - November 2, 2014: The Royale. Loosely based on real events, this is a story about a man's dream of becoming a heavyweight boxing champion during a time of segregated boxing in the early 20th century.
- November 15 - December 27, 2014: Dr. Seuss' How the Grinch Stole Christmas! Returning for the 17th consecutive year at The Old Globe, this entertaining tale is based on the classic book and animated film.
- January 24 - March 1, 2015: Murder for Two. A hilarious tale of murder and detective is brought to life by two performers
- February 14 - March 15, 2015: The Twenty-Seventh Man. Based in 1952 in a Soviet prison, this is a tale of great writers of literature and what it means to write in troubled times.
- March 21- April 26, 2015: The White Snake. This is a Chinese fable of a gentle serpent transforming into a beautiful woman in a tale of love and struggle.
- April 4 - May 3, 2015: Buyer and Cellar. This fictional story of memorabilia and materialism is fun and hilarious.
- May 9 - June 14, 2015: Arms and the Man. This romantic comedy mixes smarts and silliness in an entertaining presentation that is sure to please.
- May 23 - June 21, 2015: TBA.
In addition to the above season, The Old Globe Theater presents it's annual summer Shakespeare festival.
Do any of these hits strike interest? ...... click here to retain tickets.