The Nonprofit Times is calling on nonprofit management to participate in its 2010 salary and benefits survey, promoted by the resource as a reliable and user-friendly sector survey which is designed to be quick and easy to complete, while offering a wealth of information nonprofit managers and boards can use to make sound decisions about employee salary and benefits.
All organizations who participate in the survey will receive a free executive summary of the results, and those that complete the survey by April 15, 2010 will have a chance to win a free iPod Touch.
The 2009 Salary and Benefits Report presented survey results by multiple views to allow for comparisons against relevant peer organizations by geographic location, operating budget, number of employees, and field of work. This report provided detailed information on 94 employee benefit offerings, 30 job families and 241 nonprofit positions with key performance metrics that can be used to benchmark compensation and benefit practices including:
- Base Salary and Total Cash Compensation data with percentile rankings for each position
- Bonus Pay practices including average payout, percentage receiving and organizations paying
- Annual Salary Increases (prior and current year; executive and non-executive)
- Employee Turnover and Average Tenure by position
- Total compensation costs as a percentage of operating expenses
- Employee profile data: number of full/part time; exempt vs. non-exempt
- Executive Benefits Programs and Employment Agreements
- Retirement, Life Insurance and Disability Plans (organization contributions, eligibility, offerings, participation)
- Employee Leave (vacation, sick, paid time off, personal, holidays, bereavement, maternity)
Survey data is confidential and will not be shared directly with any other organization. All data collected in the survey will be used in aggregate to generate the results for the survey reports.
The deadline to complete the Nonprofit Times 2010 salary and benefits survey is April 30, although the iPod Touch sweepstakes deadline is April 15. Survey results will be distributed to participants in June 2010.