The official ‘League of Legends’ website has revealed the next champion that will be added to the champion roster. That champion’s name is Jinx, and she was revealed on September 26, 2013. This new champion is slated to be a marksman character, similar to the most recently released champion, Lucian.
Jinx’s personality has been revealed to be quite chaotic. Her original teaser showed a vandalized version of the champion Vi’s page. In this new, full reveal it has been confirmed that Jinx is Vi’s nemesis, and she will do anything to capture her.
Jinx’s abilities have been revealed, although the specific numbers on her abilities have not been revealed officially. Below are her abilities, with a short description of how each will work.
- Get Excited! : Get Excited is Jinx's passive ability. If Jinx attacks a champion or tower, and that target is killed soon after, she will receive a large movement speed boost that decays over time.
- Switcheroo! : Switcheroo is Jinx's Q ability. Jinx can switch between two weapons: a rocket launcher and a mini-gun. With the rocket launcher equipped, Jinx’s basic attacks consume mana, but they also have longer range and deal area-of-effect damage around her target. With the mini-gun equipped, she gains attack speed with each attack, stacking up to three times. These stacks will disappear if she stops attacking.
- Zap! : Zap is Jinx's W ability. Jinx fires an electrical skill shot blast in a line. This shot damages and slows the first enemy hit.
- Flame Chompers! : Flame Chompers is Jinx's E ability. Jinx throws out a line of grenades on the ground. These grenades will detonate after a few seconds, which will light nearby enemies on fire. If an enemy walks over a grenade, it will detonate early and immobilize the enemy for a brief period.
- Super Mega Death Rocket! : Super Mega Death Rocket is Jinx's R ability. Jinx fires a rocket that has global range (meaning it will travel across the entire map). This rocket will deal more damage the further it travels, and will explode on the first champion it hits. It will also hurt all nearby enemies on impact, and will do damage based on their missing health.
Jinx’s release date has not yet been announced, but she will likely be released sometime soon, probably around the end of the Season 3. To learn more about “League of Legends,” visit its wiki: