At the close of each year, we as humans vow to do better in the coming months, whether you want to quit smoking, lose weight, exercise more, work harder with a larger income and other positive changes you wish to make. Hopefully you make one that will stick and influence good life changes. Have you ever wondered what resolutions your pet may make? Take a visit with your pet to your local Rockford-area Petsmart or Petco as listed below or one closest to your home and you will see some of the many wishes your companion animal may have.
Most pets would have simple wishes that only makes a better relationship and companionship, such as:
- Your pet may want you to spend more quality time with it. Many people have pets that are just taken for granted. The pets may be a part of your life, being fed, let out and more or less just a fixture within the home or yard. Your pet should be treated as a true member of the family. That pet carries with it an unconditional love for their pet-parents. Shouldn’t they get the kind of love, attention and closeness that they so willingly provide to you? Provide more time cuddling and coddling your pet, letting that pet know how much you love and appreciate it.
- Your pet may love being a social butterfly when it comes to visitors and other pets. Socializing your pet provides for a happy animal companion with less stress and tension. A pet that is not socialized or trained as a young animal will grow up in fear and may show aggression out of that fear.
- For the dog pet parent, take that pal of yours for more walks. This is a number one wish of most dogs. Go for more walks with your dog. Doing so is good for both of you to provide better fitness along with a closer bonding experience with your pet.
- It may not be the ultimate wish of your pet, but a healthy pet is a happy pet. Keep up more with veterinary visits to guarantee good health for your pet. It is imperative to get your pet examined on a yearly basis along with the yearly required immunizations. Work with your doctor to know what meds your dog or cat may need on a yearly basis in order to ward off diseases, illness and parasites that are so common in the life of pets and their environment.
- Most pets would wish for an ultimate people-food diet; not good!! However, choose a diet that provides your pet with the best nutrition. You may select a food that is lower in cost but higher in fillers with no nutritional values. In the long run, that food may provide fullness for your pet without any health benefits. A good nutritional food may costs more but in the long run, if you figure out the costs per meal, is not such a price to pay to guarantee a longer, healthier life for your loving family pet.
- Your pet would definitely wish for more playtime with you. Playing with your pet is a bonding time together. This is another way to spend more time with your pet in a positive manner. Playtime also provides much needed exercise for the pet, whether it is a game of fetch, tug of war and more.
- Provide more luxuries for that pet with unconditional love for you. Doesn’t your pet deserve a nice comfy bed, new toys, new bones, rawhides and treats? I know most people will spare no expense for the love of their pets and if there was a creature on this earth that deserves and appreciates it more, it is your pet.
- Travel with your pets more and don’t leave them with strangers or in shelters that can provide other problems. It is understandable that some animals do not like the car but most just love the continual bonding experience with you. In my view, having your pet with you helps to relieve the stress of not knowing the type of care your pet may be getting away from you.
Pets have a way to fill a void in your life with their unconditional love and devotion to their pet parents. It should only be a natural instinct to want to better your life and your pet’s life through a new year of resolutions and positive changes in your life for the betterment of you and your close canine or feline family member.
If you are looking for wholesome, natural and homemade treats for your favorite canine best friend, Led foot’s Pet Bakery near the Rockford area is happy to meet your needs. Check out the website at Ledfoot Bakery. Contact Susan Weitzel at 815 784-6358, Ledfoot Bakery Contact.
If you are seeking Veterinary assistance in the Rockford area, you can check out one of these at - Rockford Vet Clinics, Bellwood Vet, Rockford Veterinarians, Perryville Veterinarian , Cat Veterinarians Specialists
For all your pets needs and accessories in the Rockford area, go to your local PETCO - 6305 East State Street, Rockford, IL 61108, (815) 229-0184 - Petco or your local PETSMART - 6320 East State Street, Rockford, IL 61108, (815) 397-7880 - Petsmart -Petland, (815) 332-4200 - Petland
For many of your pet essentials, visit your local Rockford-area CVS pharmacies. There are four convenient locations - 3134 11th Street, Rockford, IL 61109, (815)398-0048 - 110 S Alpine Rd, Rockford, IL 61108 - 3718 Main Street, Rockford, IL 61103, (815)877-9620 - 2454 S. Alpine Rd., Rockford, IL 61108, (815)399-5421 - CVS Pharmacy
For the grooming needs of your Chihuahua in or near the Rockford area, you can contact Sue at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
Sign up for my pet blog and let me know if you have questions or concerns regarding your pets. You can also find some of my recent petitions to help abused, neglected, mistreated and abandoned animals so please visit, sign the petitions and share with everyone you can as a way to help these defenseless creatures! Let me know what you think of my articles and if you have any queries. I have created a question and answer page for that reason. Let me know if I can be of help to you with your beloved pets – no question too large or small. Hope to see you at Animal Care Blog. Be the most educated pet parent!