A licensed practical nurse (LPN) is a member of the medical profession and they do duties like taking care of the patients under the management of registered nurse or doctors. On the other hand, you call this profession as the essential care unit who normally take care of the patients like their bathing, dressing and their all medication times etc. this is now become one of the finest and hottest profession because on the first place you are serving people and secondly it meant good handsome salary. So, here we will discuss some of the inside of this program and the benefits of pursuing this through online.
These are the list of jobs they usually do in the health care unit. They are as follows:
• Usually, they have to keep accurate and detailed records of the patient’s health.
• They monitor the health of the patient by checking their vital signs and the blood pressure level.
• They have to report to the registered nurse and to the doctor regarding the patient’s health.
• Sometimes, the LPN assistant attends the meeting with the patients and listen their concerns.
• Apart from this, they give suggestion to the families and the caregivers how to take care of the injured or sick person.
The LPNs work in different areas. As per the study it has been found that 29% of the people work with the nursing units, 15% work in the hospitals offering general medicine and surgical care and 12% work in the physician offices. The remaining percent work with the community care facilities or in the home health care services.
Individuals, who are interested in working as LPNs must have to fulfill following criteria to meet the requirements.
• They must be adult or likely to above age of 18.
• Must have a high school diploma degree or GED.
• Must pass the drug test.
• Must not have any criminal background.
• Must have a license.
• Must have obtained the training program.
Apart from this the individual must have some interpersonal skills to excel in this field. Apart from this a good physical condition, patience and a good verbal communication skills add advantage to the applicant resume.
In the scope of internet, the accessibility of the online LPN program now becomes much easier in pursuing the degree. Due to the multi-directional advantage of this career lots of schools have started giving online LPN program. When you are going for the online program, first of all, check whether the course has been accredited to the National League of Nursing Accrediting Commission (NLNAC) or not. This accreditation means that the course meets the standard lay out by the governing bodies, those who look after the nursing profession.
Procedures for online program
Here, the students need to find out the colleges or institutions generally offer the online facility. Secondly you have check out what kind of syllabus really this program holds or the university provides. After you make up your mind to join the course you should fill out the form carefully so that you don’t miss any headings. Finally, make your computer handy and make it work in all possible way while you are taking the online classes.