In all fairness, it is only episode two so maybe it will get better down the road. All of them can benefit from acting classes. I’m not convinced that this whole thing isn’t staged. Do people really interact in this manner? It’s like they’re reading from cue cards to the left of a theater stage.
But the highlights worth mentioning are:
1. The two-second fight with Alex and Emily ended with thrown drinks and a broken glass and Africa kicked them out.
2. Emily introduces her ex-boyfriend Justin and you just know there will be some issues to come because the parents don’t like him and he’s not Jewish, which is ultimately who the parents want her to marry.
3. Vawn’s artist Amaye sang in the studio with Jazzy Pha producing the track. The song sounded really nice. Wanted to hear more of it.
4. Africa introduces her bandmates – The Lipstick Junkies- and shows them rehearsing for a show. Nothing seems to go right during the 3 hours before her show.
5. Watching Tribble and Emily interact in a cutesy way at her clothing store. Maybe they should consider dating.
6. The Lipstick Junkies perform for Vawn who doesn’t hold back from giving his critiques. He clearly has a thing for Africa.
7. Alex’s weird hairline. What’s up with that? Her root realness was the topic of conversation amongst Emily and Emily 2. Thankfully it looks fixed in the individual camera monologues.
8. Alex and her friend Sincerely crash the social drinking session with Vawn, Africa and the bandmates for drinks. An awkward discussion ensued between Alex and Africa because Alex didn’t apologize for starting a fight at her birthday party over a week prior. Loved how Vawn checked out while sitting in the middle of the verbal blows.
Do you think the show will improve? Are you invested in it? Who is your favorite cast member so far?