There are few things in this world that can bring people together faster than music. Food, I think, is the only other one that comes close. One should take advantage of the fact that music can bring joy to people. It can create atmosphere and bonds.
Five ways to use the power of music:
1. Take her (or him) to their favorite concert. It doesn't matter if you hate the performer, or if it's not at all your "scene." This is something you're doing for them, and they will appreciate seeing their idols live on stage.
2. Make them a mix CD. It can be perhaps the most thoughtful and romantic gift for a music lover to receive. You can even send a message with the mix, propose with it, be creative! Make sure, however, that the songs are to their taste. Don't put 'Hips Don't Lie' on there unless they really like Shakira.
3. Record yourself singing to your loved one- it can make a special occasion even more memorable.
4. You can even meet people like you, if you're single, at concerts. A shared interest right off the bat is always a good sign!
5. And dancing together can bring you closer not only physically, but mentally as well. Sharing those moments, when you really get into the music, is almost better than expressing your love for one another.
Music is deeply engrained in our culture, and can dig even deeper into our hearts. That's why it is such a great tool to open someone's heart to you.