There’s nothing like a 6+1 home theatre, a cozy recliner, a bottle of your favorite Budweiser and the latest version of Dark Souls; online gamers will best relate to this! Oh yes, that’s how addictive these games can be and the addicted will give up just about anything to own them. 2013 saw the launch of some of the most enthralling and adrenaline rushing games like Infested Planet, Age of Wonders III and South Park.
So what does 2014 have in store? Well, there a number of games that are in pipeline and are due to launch this year. With trailers out, here is a compilation of the top 10 in reverse-gear:
10. Evolve: Due to release in mid 2014, Evolve is a creation of Turtle Rock Studios, the developers of Left 4 Dead. The game involves a face off of 4 players against a massive monster that is system controlled. It’s comes across as a combination of Left 4 Dead and Borderlands, hence you may find similarities to them.
9. Dragon Age Inquisition: Developed as an after event of Dragon Age II, the featured place is still Thedas but the set and the protagonist have been changed completely. Dragon Age II may not have done very well, but BioWare has bounced back with Inquisition, raising the bar well above its other releases.
8. The Witness: Braid is back with The Witness. A reminiscent of Myst (in a positive manner), the PC classic; this exploration based game revolves around an abandoned island and is being eagerly awaited. It’s expected to be released mid 2014.
7. Watch Dogs: Due to release early 2014, this Ubisoft production is worth the take. With a gripping combination of unique player attraction, hacking and combat throws across, gaming couldn’t have gotten better. Delayed but worth the wait
6. Transistor: A follow up to the much enjoyed Bastion, Supergiant Games just got better with the transistor. The turn based elements are worth watching out. What’s more, we have a talking sword as the narrator; well, how many of that have we seen before?
5. Dark Souls II: Barring the PC port problems, Dark Souls and Demon Souls were both remarkable and thus require no introduction. Due to launch on 31st May 2014, we hope to experience awesome gaming with Dark Souls II minus the PC port issues
4. The Elder Scrolls Online: The backdrop has three factions set up in the premise of Tamriel namely Aldmeri Dominion, Ebonheart Pact and Daggerfall Covenant. While the experience is still awaited, being a Elder Scrolls’ production it’s eagerly awaited. However, if it’s as brilliant as Skyrim or no, is yet to be unveiled. Hang on till April 4th this year to find out!
3. Diablo III - Reaper of Souls: Launched 25th March 2014, Diablo has made a reappearance having worked on its previous version loop holes. Diablo III may not have been a success for all, but Reaper of Souls has done its homework well. This version, meet the Crusader class, armed melee warriors with spells and flails intact.
2. Titanfall: Loaded with the much awaited mech shooter, this version of Titanfall combines the customization of the MechWarrior Online and the momentum of Hawken, making it an ultimate combat gaming experience. You’ll love this one for sure.
1. Thief: Released on the 25th of Februrary 2014, Thief has made a comeback with the reboot devised by Eidos Montreal. Stealth based powered by a steadfast combat system, this game is all geared to be a bigger hit than Dishonored.
As per the trailers let loose, the following reviews and opinions have been formed. While there are many more launches due this year, the above 10 were observed to be the best of the lot. However, the nitty-gritty’s of the graphics and the overall gaming experience can be gained hands-on, which is yet to be determined. Albeit, these are worth looking forward to!
Love playing fighting games online? Which is your pick from this year’s launches? What’s your take on these newbies? Share your takes and experiences with us; we’d love to hear! You can also access some of the best free online action games by visiting www.fropki.com.