Starting this evening (Monday, March 10th) through Saturday, March 15th, Isola Trattoria & Crudo Bar (located in the Mondrian Soho, adjacent to the uber-trendy Mister H) will be serving a uniquely created menu, dubbed "pasta week" in all its glory.
This special collection of carb-loaded treats has been created by Executive Chef Victor LaPlaca to continue highlighting the "coastal Italian" fare the restaurant has become known for. And, take it from the lucky folks who got a sneak peak of each last week, these delicate pastas are made with totally fresh ingredients and as light and delicious as the rest of the food at the downtown eatery.
The mouthwatering options - both savory and sweet - worthy of ditching our pre-Spring diet are:
- Spring Pea Agnolotti with Porcini Brown Butter Powder and Parmesan ($26)
- Squid Ink Spaghetti with Sicilian Olive Oil Braised Octopus, Walnut Pesto, Blistered Tomatoes and Saffron Potatoes ($24)
- Carrot Cappellacci with Roasted Lamb, Fennel Puree, Rye, Calabrese and Pecorino ($27)
- Saffron Fusilli with Spicy Lobster Bolognese and Chanterelle Mushrooms ($32)
- Chocolate Gnocchi with Vanilla-Basil Zabaglione and Spring Berries ($12)
Can't choose which looks the best? We don't blame you - and neither does the Isola team. That's why they've also made these delicious bites available in a two-person, five-course tasting menu for $75. Why torture yourself with such a decision, after all?
Make your reservation on OpenTable, or by calling (212) 389.0000.