Recently, Overland Park, KS-based author Max Muller, released the second edition of his popular book, The Manager's Guide to HR.
The original edition (published in 2009) of The Manager’s Guide to HR provided readers with a plain-English introduction to the regulations, rights, and responsibilities related to hiring and firing, benefits, compensation, documentation, performance evaluations, training, and more.
But much has changed since then. That's why Muller extensively revised the book to cover all the key areas and bring readers up to speed on current developments in employment law, including:
- How social media is changing the recruitment landscape
- Shifting labor standards regarding compensation and benefits
- The National Labor Relations Board’s stance on work-related employee speech on social media
- The Employee Retirement Income Security Act
- New record-keeping requirements
- Amendments to the Family and Medical Leave Act and the Americans with Disabilities Act
The book is ideal for workplace leaders and managers at companies of all employee sizes. It includes handy checklists and forms, and covers:
- Performance Evaluations
- Employment Laws
- Privacy Issues
- Firing and Separation
- Documentation and Records Retention
Muller is an attorney who has specialized in human resources law for more than 30 years. He has presented thousands of human resources seminars for premier organizations including the American Management Association.