Following a premature listing on the PS Store Wednesday morning, President of Worldwide Studios, Sony Computer Entertainment Shuhei Yoshida confirmed that The Last of Us Remastered is coming to the PS4. Additionally, a pre-order listing on Amazon revealed some of the elements of the game.
Meanwhile, the Amazon listing describes the Remastered version of the game as "fully realized with the power of PlayStation 4 system." It also will include all of the DLC released for the game which consists of the Abandoned Territories Map Pack, theNightmare Bundle and the Left Behind single-player DLC that serves as a prequel featuring Ellie and her friend Riley. "In-game cinematic commentary from the cast and creative director," will also be provided.
Update: Sony has finally made it official with a post on the Playstation Blog by Naughty Dog developer Arne Meyer. The Last of Us Remastered will run in 1080p and feature "higher resolution character models, improved shadows and lighting, upgraded textures, along with even more improvements," according to Meyer.
The in-game commentary will pick up during cinematic sections of the game and not during gameplay. Meyer confirmed that the commentary will be provided by Creative Director and Writer, Neil Druckmann; Voice Actor, Troy Baker, who plays Joel; and Ashley Johnson, who plays Ellie.
All those that pre-order the game from retailers will receive the following bonuses.
- 100 Supply Points (XP) for use in Factions mode
- Two special bonus skins for Joel and Ellie which will be unlocked after your complete the single player campaign
- Increased Crafting Speed for use in the Single Player Campaign
- Increased Healing Speed for use in the Single Player Campaign
- 9mm Reload Speed Increase Upgrade for use in the Single Player Campaign
- Rifle Clip Capacity Increase Upgrade for use in the Single Player Campaign
Meanwhile, those that pre-order directly from the Playstation Store will receive all of the above bonuses plus the following additional bonuses.
- Early Access to the Brawler Survival Skill in Factions Mode
- Early Access to additional Loadout Points for use in Factions mode
- Early Access to the Jeep Cap and Surgical Mask for use in Factions mode
Finally, Meyer confirmed that The Last of Us Remastered will be released to the PS4 this summer but did not give an exact date.