The Instinct Diet was created to help the understanding of the five built-in food instincts that will help control your eating habits. Once you understand your eating instincts, the book “The Instinct Diet” claims you can then learn how to control them and lose up to 15 pounds in 8 weeks. The Instinct Diet focuses on the normal problems that trouble dieters such as hunger, cravings and feelings of deprivation.
The menu for the Instinct Diet calls for about 1,200 calories per day for those weighing less than 160 pounds. People who weigh 160-200 are encouraged to follow the 1,600 calorie plan and those above 200 should use the 1,800 calorie plan. There are more than 100 recipes that The Instinct Diet uses with complete nutrition information. All of the foods contain hunger-suppressing ingredients such as foods that are high in fiber. Dieters are urged to take a daily multivitamin, calcium and fish oil supplements throughout the 8 week plan. The two week starter plan gives you 3 days worth of menus repeated four times. This gives an extra dose of hunger suppression. A sample of State 1 menu plan is:
- Breakfast: ¼ cup high-fiber cereal with 3 tbsp granola and ½ cup nonfat milk, ½ cup sliced strawberries and coffee or tea
- Snack: 1 apple, 1 tbsp peanuts, water or other no-calorie drink
- Lunch: 1 cup of broth-based soup, sandwich with ham and fat-free cheese on low-carb bread, ¼ cup frozen grapes, water or no calorie drink
- Snack: diet hot or cold chocolate drink
- Dinner: 4 ounces lean steak, 1 cup of steamed broccoli, side salad, 1 pear with 1 tbsp warm caramel sauce