The inaugural cruise experience ranks very high on most travelers’ cruising wish list, say the cruise experts at Cruises-N-More. There is something undeniably exciting about being one of the first guests aboard a brand new ship on one of its maiden voyages.
If you are considering an inaugural cruise, Cruises-N-More offers 7 reasons why it’s a great idea:
1. The inauguration ceremony and sailing of a ship often becomes a local or international event. Take, for example, the pomp-and-circumstance-filled Viking River inaugural ceremony in the Netherlands earlier this year. In a large and well-orchestrated ceremony, the line christened four of the six world-class river-cruise longships they have scheduled to debut this year. Honored guests from all over the world were present for the groundbreaking ceremony.
2. Bragging rights. Inaugural passengers are part of the ships’ history, the elite group present for the very first sailing.
3. The cruise lines know that positive word-of-mouth is an excellent marketing tool. The better the buzz, the better the bookings will be on future voyages. The line may take this opportunity to impress passengers on a maiden voyage with extra special food, entertainment and activities.
4. The lines frequently offer special inaugural events and keepsake tokens, which are a great way to remember your voyage. Sometimes the lines even give each cabin a present worth $50 or more. For example, on the inaugural sailing of the Ruby Princes, Princess Cruises provided a specially engraved, ruby red bowl to her passengers.
5. In order to generate interest in the ship, some maiden voyages offer “introductory pricing,” which can be significantly lower than future sailings.
6. Because the shipboard routine has not been established, and the ship’s staff is still finding out what guests want and need, they tend to be quite flexible with things like on-board activities, menus and seating arrangements.
7. The ship is pristine and brand new. It’s a lovely feeling to experience accommodations that have no wear and tear, no sign of passengers who have come before.
Inaugural cruises are a very popular sailing choice, and they fill up early. If you are interested in finding out more upcoming inaugural cruises, please contact Cruises-N-More Vice President and Owner Tiffany Neidhardt or a Cruises-N-More cruise specialist at 800-733-2048 (toll-free USA/Canada), 0-808-189-1292 (toll-free U.K.), 800-076-002 (toll-free Australia) or +1-407-771-4454direct-dial. Visit Cruises-N-More at http://www.cruises-n-more.com/.
Family-Owned and Operated Since 1998, Cruises-N-More Offers Great Deals, Great Prices and Great Amenities
Cruises-N-More, family-owned and operated since 1998, offers great deals, great prices, great amenities and the latest cruise booking technology. Cruises-N-More has been featured in USA Today and Frommer’s “Cruises for Dummies” as having great cruise prices and has been ranked by MSNBC as a top Web broker. The agency consistently ranks among the top producers with the major cruise lines and CEO Pat Neidhardt is a member of the Royal Caribbean Cruise Line Advisory Board.
A member of ASTA (American Society of Travel Agents), CLIA (Cruise Line International Association) and endorsed by IATAN (International Airline Travel Agent Network), Cruises-N-More has over 15 years of dedicated service in the travel industry.
Cruises-N-More has received many accolades from the cruise lines. The agency has received the following awards: Princess Gold I-Excel Agency; Royal Caribbean & Celebrity Online Agency of the Year/Key Account; Carnival Top Agency & Select Agency; NCL President's Club Agency; Holland America Centurion & Premium Preferred Agency; Disney, Silver Sea, Crystal & Cunard Agency Producer.