If there’s a market where you as an agent need to be scrappy, this is it. Lots of buyers, too many agents, not nearly enough inventory, incompetent appraisers, values in wild flux – and this is just the beginning.
Here’s the thing: Only the scrappiest will continue making deals – while the rest look on wondering what happened. And anything that makes you scrappier, while maintaining integrity and graciousness, is smart business and far more fun.
Scrappy is defined as “full of fighting spirit; having or showing determination and energetic pursuit of your ends.” And here is what I think it is means in our profession:
1) Aggressively and gleefully exploiting opportunities
2) Relentlessly pushing to make deals
3) Constantly making the special effort while most agents don’t
4) Thinking outside the box for creative solutions
5) Always looking for new ideas
6) Joy at getting buyers and sellers better deals than most – if not all – out there
7) Loves this business and its challenges – and winning the competitions that are rife out there.
Now, get out there and get scrappy!
Dreaming of San Francisco? Cece Blase offers local advice to San Francisco buyers, sellers and owners-- and feeds the dreams of those who wish they could live in Tony Bennett's 'City by the Bay.' Call 415-577-0809 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. www.ceceblase.com