If you've been following along with the latest updates for the Elder Scrolls Online, you'll no doubt have heard they have announced an all-star voice-acting cast. The list includes:
- John Cleese (Monty Python) plays Cadwell, the comic relief.
- Kate Beckinsale (Underworld) is Queen Ayrenn, of Alinor of the Aldmeri Dominion.
- Michael Gambon (Harry Potter) voices the blind character the Prophet.
- Alfred Molina (Spiderman 2) is Abnur Tharn, and is from a line of secret Daedric worshipers.
- Bill Nighy (Shaun of the Dead) plays High King Emric, Breton High King.
- Malcolm McDowell's (A Clockwork Orange) gruff voice plays the archvillain, Molag Bal.
And there's supposedly a lot more to follow such as Peter Stormare (The Big Lebowski), Jim Ward (WALL-E, Spirited Away), Jennifer Hale (Bioshock Infinite), and Kevin Michael Richardson (The Cleveland Show).
This is just one more reason to play this game. The importance of having good voice actors, and familiar ones, is to give that level of immersion a game like Elder Scrolls Online needs. It's all about placing the gamer there, making it all feel real and a fantasy one can escape to for hours.
Immersion is one of the key mechanics in a sandbox fantasy game like the Elder Scrolls series, and with the addition of these first-rate voice-actors, the folks at ZeniMax Online Studios have gone farther then they ever have and excited fans all over for what looks like a magnificent game to come to our screens and into our imaginations.
Watch the video with all the actors talking about their characters.