With all of the construction going on around Atlanta, you might be thinking about building a new home. Well you can experiment with the home building process by creating a Gingerbread House! You won't need a mortgage for these homes. But just like the house you are contemplating, you have lots of options.
- Use a kit that offers you everything included premade sides and roof pieces to put together
- Use a kit and create your own decorations
- Make all of the house pieces from scratch and create your own decorations Gingerbread House Kit
Gingerbread House Kit
You can purchase Gingerbread House kits at most craft stores, as well as Target and WalMart. There are even kits that offer the ability to create your own village. The only thing I might add to the kit is some edible snow or edible grass to cover the base that is used to build the house onto.
Create Your Own Decorations
Even though most kits come with the candy decorations, you might want to add some personal touches to your Gingerbread House. But miniature candies can be hard to find, especially if you want to use something other than M&Ms, like Miniature gumdrops, Neccos, Nonpareils. So click on the candies to find some resources.
And if you are truly adventurous, or just up to the challenge, you can create your home from scratch. Bake your own gingerbread, make your own shapes, and create your own decorations. If you are looking for a unique party idea, host a House Building Party, just check out all of the ideas and photos on Pinterest. And you can find free templates to design your house.
- Cake Art in Tucker, GA offers aisles of candy and cake making supplies including molds, decorations, candy flavoring, cake boxes, and much more.
- CandyWarehouse is an online site offering a large assortment of candies that can be viewed by color, size, flavor and more.
- Gingerbread House Heaven is just that - molds, supplies, and more - all focusing on creating gingerbread houses.
- GLUTEN FREE Gingerbread House
- Landscaping ideas
- Sugar Cone Christmas Trees