The Heartland Men’s Chorus and Dean’s Gallery present Nazi Persecution of Homosexuals 1933-1945 at the gallery located at the Miller Nichols Library at UMKC. The exhibit is in conjunction with the Heartland’s “Falling in Love Again”. The exhibit is on loan from the United States Holocaust Memorial Museum in Washington, D.C. and will be open to the public through April 10. “Falling in Love Again” will be performed on Mar. 23 and 24 at the Folly Theater.
The Kansas City Home Show runs Friday through Sunday at the Bartle Hall Convention Center. The show will include Paul Santos the “Wall Wizard”, Sarah Susanka and many exhibitors to supply products and ideas for home improvements. Sunday March 24 will be 2-for-1 entry with a $5 donation to Harvesters.
Live theatre March 22 to March 24:
- American Heartland Theatre: Crown Center, “Life Could Be A Dream”, closes April 21.
- Blue Springs Auditorium: 2000 N.W. Ahston, “Charlottes’ Web”, closes March 24.
- Chestnut Fine Arts Center: 234 N. Chestnut, Olathe, “It’s a Small World”, closes April 28.
- Coterie Theatre Pop Culture Series: Crown Center, “Slashdance!”, closes March 24.
- H&R Block City Stage Theater: Union Station, “Chicken Little, the Musical” Theatre for Young America, closes April 13.
- Jenkin and Barbara David Theater: 8700 NW River Park, Parkville, “Hot’l Baltimore”, closes March 28.
- KC Repertory Theatre: Spencer Theatre, “Carousel”, closes March 31.
- Quality Hill Playhouse: 303 W. 10th, “Sh-Boom Sh-Boom, The Doo-Wop Songs of the 1950’s”, closes Mar. 24.
- Spencer Theatre: 4949 Cherry, Kansas City Repertory “Carousel”, closes March 31.
- Unicorn Theatre: 3828 Main, “Good People”, closes March 24.
Music Friday March 22:
- Aftershock Bar & Grill: 5240 Merriam Dr., Merriam, Midwest Rock Awards Kickoff 2013 with: Restraint, Last Nights Regret, Masse, Eleven After, What I’ve Become.
- Czar: 1531 Grand, Two Headed Cow, Instant Empire, Sky Smeed at 6 p.m. and Ugly Prom at 9:30 p.m.
- Kelly’s Westport Inn: 500 Westport Rd., Magnetics.
- RecordBar: 1020 Westport Rd., Allied Saints, Nace Brothers.
- Riot Room: 4048 Broadway, Pinback, JP Inc.
- Uptown Arts Bar: 3611 Broadway, Alyssa Murray Coming of Age Show at 8 p.m.
Music Saturday March 23:
- Aftershock Bar and Grill: 5240 Merriam Dr., Merriam, Project Backstage 2013 Midwest Rock Awards with The Strive, Alice Sweet Alice, Second Signal, Burning Tide, Sicadis, The Broken Divide, The Liars Scene, Killing The Calm.
- Czar: 1531 Grand, She’s A Keeper, Spirit is the Spirit, Dots Not Feathers.
- Davey’s Uptown Ramblers Club: 3402 Main, Home and Away, Crush, Hillary Watts Riot, Electric Lungs, Travel Guide.
- Kelly's Westport Inn: 500 Westport Rd., the Old No. 5s.
- RecordBar: 1020 Westport, Phil Neal and the Wornalls at 7 p.m. Katy Guillen Trio, Universe Contest, Dark Satellites at 10 p.m.
- Riot Room: 4048 Broadway, Think No Think, Wolvie, Dead Bed Bad, Not a Planet.
- Uptown Arts Bar: 3611 Broadway, Street Corner Choir.