One of Henry Ford’s famous saying was “you can have a Ford in any color as long as it’s black.” Ford has come a long way in its 110 year history, especially with America’s favorite pony car.
The Ford Mustang was introduced in 1964½ and is about to celebrate its 50 years of that nameplate. The ultimate celebratory gift Ford is preparing for this milestone is to unveil its new sixth generation Mustang to the public. While the fans all over the world are awaiting that moment Ford has given us some colorful facts about the Mustang’s 50 years heritage.
Ford has unveiled interesting facts about the colors of its prized prancing horse, including color trends and special-edition colors that have been offered.
Here are some facts about the Mustangs colors over 50 years.
- In the beginning of its production blue and green were the most popular. Today its Red and Black.
- Red is the most popular color of all times for the Mustang; 21 percent of all Mustangs are ordered in Red.
- The Mustang has been offered in pink including two different shades of pink in 1967; Playboy Pink and Dusk Rose.
- Other special-edition colors were the color-shifting Mystichrome and Gotta Have It Green.
- Brown was once one of mustangs most consistent popular colors.
- Mustang owners clubs are not always joined together by the exclusively of their cars, but sometimes dedicated to the color of the Mustang.
For more see more color facts about the Mustang look in the picture gallery. To view the full sized info-picture of the Mustang's 50 years of color click HERE.
Lets she what cool colors and trends will come up in Mustangs next 50 years.
Feel free to continue the conversation by leaving a comment. Personally reach out to me and share this article via Facebook @TheCarGuyLavell, Twitter @TheCarGuyLavell and/or add me to your circle on Google+. If you like this article and want updates to more articles from me please hit the subscribe button. Thanks for reading!