With the recent frigid cold that has hit our area, it's hard to think of fly fishing. And sometimes, even fly tying gets a little old. So what's an angler to do? The Fly Fishing Show may have the answer at its annual show in Somerset, NJ. Fortunately, Somerset is not too far way - some 3 hours driving time - from the Binghamton area.
As covered in a recent 'The Week Ahead' post, the show will be held January 25 - 27 at the Garden State Convention Center in Somerset, and even that stretch of 3 days may not be enough, by all accounts, to cover everything on exhibit.
Included in the show are:
- Over 10 programs every hour of each day.
- Over 200 exhibits
- International Film Festival
- All the major fly fishing manufacturers
- Fly tyers / tying demos
- Casting demos, guides, lodges, new products, fly fishing celebs...
The event times are as follows:
- Friday, January 25, from 10 to 6
- Saturday, January 26, from 8:30 to 6
- Sunday, January 27, from 9 to 4:30
And event prices are:
- $18 for 1 day
- $28 for 2 days
- $38 for 3 days
- Children under 5 - free, under 12 - $2
- Scouts under 16 in uniform - free
- Active military - $10
- Important note - cash ONLY at the gate!
After 20 seasons, The Fly Fishing Show is an event that's not to be missed.