Breckenridge, Colorado, is famous as an alpine ski resort. But once the snow melts off the slopes, the mountains offer equally thrilling--if not chilling--summer activities.
Breckenridge, a historic ski, town turns to gardening. Breckenridge summers feature giddy displays of annuals in window boxes and hanging baskets, as well as perennial gardens thick with lupines, delphiniums, and poppies.
For a quick trip to Breck, click through the slide show to see the summer colors of a famous ski town.
For information on garden tours and an alpine garden, visit the website of the Summit County Garden Club.
••• "Cultivate your corner of the world.
You grow your garden; your garden grows you." •••
• Colleen Smith's gift book "Laid-Back Skier" makes a sweet gift! This whimsical, inspirational book includes original illustrations of ski bunnies and encouragement for life's ups and downs. Watch "Laid-Back Skier's" brief YouTube video here.
• Colleen Smith’s first novel, “Glass Halo”—a finalist for the 2010 Santa Fe Literary Prize — is available in hardcover or e—book.
To learn more:
• "Like" Friday Jones Publishing on Facebook for frequent posts on gardening and other fresh topics.
• Follow FridayPublisher on Twitter.
• Follow FridayJonesWags on Pinterest.