Early-bird registration for the 2013 Florida Communities of Excellence Conference & Awards Gala on Friday, April 5 in St. Petersburg is now open. As a reminder, last year the event was sold out, so we recommend taking advantage of this opportunity to register early.
Board members, active managers, and residents can attend the Conference & Awards Gala at no cost, but everyone must register in advance. Those wishing to attend the “Managers of Excellence” Luncheon will select that ticket option and pay the fee for the luncheon when they register. See all the registration options.
The event will be held at the Hilton St. Petersburg Bayfront Hotel, which is located at
333 1st St. South, Saint Petersburg, Florida, 33701-4342.
Rooms at the special room rate of $184/night are available for a limited time only through this special Hilton site.
11:00 AM – 1:45 PM Exhibitor registration & set-up
12 PM Noon – 2 PM “Managers of Excellence” Reception & Luncheon
1:30 PM Badge pick-up opens
2:00 PM – 5:30 PM Exhibit Hall open
2:30 PM – 4:30 PM Conference sessions
4:30 PM – 5:30 PM Gala Reception (in Exhibit Hall)
5:45 PM – 9:00 PM Exhibitor break-down
5:30 PM – 8:00 PM Awards Banquet
The list of exhibitors at the Conference & Awards Gala continues to grow, and currently includes:
Banking & Financial Services
Association Financial Services
Florida Shores Bank
Association Communications Services
Converged Services, Inc.
Community Associations Institute
Florida Community Association Professionals (FCAP)
Landscaping & Aquatic Management
West Coast Landscape & Lawns
Atlantic| Pacific Management
Campbell Property Management
The Continental Group
KW Property Management & Consulting
Paving, Sealcoating & Repair
Tutwiler & Associates
Disaster Restoration Specialists
Florida Division of Emergency Management
Gated Community Security Managers Association
The list of participating communities continues to grow, and includes several who are participating for the first time:
· Caribbean Condominium Association, Miami Beach
· Casabella Property Owners Association, Delray Beach
· The Club at Indian Lakes, Boynton Beach
· Colonnade at Dadeland, Miami
· Coral Gate Condominium Association, Margate
· The Edge Condominium Association, West Palm Beach
· The Grand Condominium Association, Miami
· Orchid Island Golf and Beach Club, Orchid
· The Vistas Condominium, Miami Beach
· West Lake Village, Hollywood
· Little Harbour Homeowners Association, Naples
· Pebblebrook, Ft. Myers
· Pelican Preserve Community Association, Ft. Myers
· VeronaWalk of Naples, Naples
· Vizcaya of Bradenton Condominium Association, Bradenton
· Alaqua Lakes Community Association, Longwood
· Country Club of Mount Dora, Mount Dora
· Feather Pointe Condominium, Clearwater
· Metrowest Unit Five Homeowners Association, Orlando
· The Pinnacle at Carrollwood, Tampa
· Sea Woods Homeowners Association, New Smyrna Beach
· Ventura Country Club Community HOA, Orlando
Now in its fifth year, the Florida Communities of Excellence Awards is the first and only
comprehensive, independent recognition program for Florida community associations.
The deadline to enter is January 15, so you have a few more days. Entry and additional details are all online.
The West Palm Beach HOA examiner was honored to attend the 2012 event, and strongly recommends it for anyone who actively participates in a community that is governed by an association.
Be sure to subscribe to this column, and stay abreast of issues involving you, the homeowners of Palm Beach County! If you've had any issues with your HOA that you'd like me to try and delve into, and possibly write about later, please let me know. Also, if you'd like to join the discussion on Twitter, you can find me at http://twitter.com/#!/faborplumbs. While you’re at it, please read my articles about local getaways, motorsports, elections, and restaurants.