The Fearrington House Inn, a five-star Relais & Châteaux hotel located in Pittsboro, N.C., was named best hotel in N.C. in the U.S. News and World Report annual Best Hotels in the USA rankings released Jan. 28. The popular country inn also ranked No. 51 in national rankings.
According to the report, "U.S. News' travel editors analyzed a wide assortment of travel resources — including guidebooks, travel websites, guest reviews and expert ratings — to compile a comprehensive list of the best places" to stay in the U.S. Editors examined nearly 1,700 luxury hotels across the country to determine the rankings.
The Fearrington House Inn also ranked No. 8 among 33 Relais & Châteaux properties in the U.S.
“We are particularly proud of this ranking as we head into the 40th-anniversary celebration this year for Fearrington Village,” stated General Manager Teresa Chiettini. “It is a direct testament to our awesome team who have been with us for many years and are continually striving to offer our guests an exceptional experience.”
Out of 23 luxury hotels in the Tar Heel State, four N.C. hotels scored high enough to make the U.S. News list of the Best Hotels in the USA.
The top 10 N.C. luxury hotels are:
1. The Fearrington House Inn, Pittsboro, N.C. (ranked No. 51 nationally)
2. The Umstead Hotel and Spa, Cary, N.C. (ranked No. 95 nationally)
3. The Ritz-Carlton, Charlotte, N.C. (ranked No. 110 nationally)
4. Inn on Biltmore Estate, Asheville, N.C. (ranked No. 168 nationally)
5. The Carolina at Pinehurst Resort, Pinehurst, N.C.
6. Old Edwards Inn and Spa, Highlands, N.C.
7. O’Henry Hotel, Greensboro, N.C.
8. Sanderling Resort, Outer Banks, N.C.
9. Washington Duke Inn and Golf Club, Durham, N.C.
10. The Ballantyne Hotel and Lodge, Charlotte, N.C.
For a complete list of the Best Hotels in the USA and in N.C., visit U.S. News and World Report Travel.