Shinji Mikami has asked for a little bit more time to polish the upcoming survival horror title The Evil Within. Scheduled to come out for current and next generation systems, Mikami and his team at Tango Gameworks wants to make sure the experience and horror is as perfect as it can be. The delay will push the title back to October 21 in North America, October 23 in Austraiia, and throughout Europe on October 24, 2014. Bethesda has also released a new trailer to coincide with this announcement, which can be viewed on this page.
Bethesda has also announced the pre-order bonus for The Evil Within. This pack is known as "The Fighting Chance Pack", which will lend additional items to your arsenal. Below is what you will get with your pre-order.
The Fighting Chance Pack includes:
· Medical Kit – A vital health enhancement to enable Sebastian to fight on.
· Green Gel – Used to upgrade Sebastian’s attributes.
· Double Barrel Shotgun and Three Shells - A larger and more formidable shotgun than the regular shotgun, it’s useful for tight situations with multiple encroaching enemies.
· An Incendiary Agony Bolt – Capable of showering nearby enemies with damaging fire sparks.
· A Poison Agony Bolt – Will draw enemies towards it and poison them, allowing Sebastian time for a quick escape.
The Evil Within, in development for the Xbox One, Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, and PC, embodies the meaning of pure survival horror. Highly-crafted environments, horrifying anxiety, and an intricate story are combined to create an immersive world that will bring you to the height of tension. With limited resources at your disposal, you’ll fight for survival and experience profound fear in this perfect blend of horror and action.
Stay tuned for more news involving The Evil Within.