The new "Dragonborn" DLC for "The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim" is set to release tomorrow on Feb, 12, 2013, for English PS3 users. To prepare for the DLC, Bethesda has released the latest update patch 1.8 administering some bug fixes to help make "Skyrim" less buggy. The update should begin downloading from PSN as soon as the "Skyrim" disc is loaded with a prompt to install update 1.8.
The fixes include:
- General memory and stability improvements
- Fixed rare crash when using vampiric grip
- Fixed issue where Arnleif and Sons Trading Company could become permanently locked
- Fixed issue related to duplicate NPCs
- Fixed rare issue where exterior door would not open properly
It is essential to install this update before playing "Dragonborn" to avoid possible crashing due to system memory issues. Two future DLC titles have also been announced to release this month. The first will be "Hearthfire" that is scheduled for Tuesday, Feb. 19, 2013. The second is "Dawnguard" which is to be released Tuesday, Feb. 26, 2013.
As the world of "Skyrim" continues to expand its adventures on the PS3, stay tuned for more news regarding the future DLC content later this month.