Tomorrow is Seniors Day at the Ottawa Sun Scramble.
The 40 shooters in a field of 20 two-man teams are in tough as they look to draw on their experience to shave strokes during the scramble’s Senior Open City Championship on GreyHawk Golf Club's nefarious Talon track in Cumberland.
The eight teams that save the most shots will snare spots in round two on Championship Sunday (Aug. 24) at Eagle Creek Golf Club.
They’re in for a true test of their talents when they travel the wickedly challenging layout that plays to par 72 over a knee-knocking 6,301 yards from the white tees.
Last year’s winners of the division's Andre Lacasse Cup were Graham Gunn and Stan Hogan. The duo went low by posting a first round 61 and a second round 65 for a two-day total of 18-under 126.
For tomorrow’s tee-times, visit http://www.ottawasunscramble.com/pdf/2014OpenASeniorDraw.pdf. They are combined with the event’s GolfWorks A City Championship and Flagstick Open.
Here is the field for the 2014 Senior Open City Championship:
- Andre Oligny & Stan Hogan
- Bertrand Gignac (Hautes P) & Gilles Farrell (Hautes Plaines)
- Tony Dunn PGA (Marshes) & Geoff Moore (Hunt Club)
- Bernie Trudel (Slammer Tour) & Dan Orban
- Ian Johnson (Pine View) & Joe Veloso (GreyHawk)
- Gabe Louli (Falcon Ridge) & David McBain (ClubEG)
- Robert Rodger & Claude Beauregard
- Jack Egan (Slammer Tour) & Paul Davey (Slammer Tour)
- Kerry Boire (Meadows) & Ron Flanagan (Meadows)
- Bruce Walker (OAC) & Pat Stoqua (Eagle Creek)
- Ken Holmes (ClubEG) & Andy Crawford (ClubEG)
- Jerome Mizon (Canadian) & Mark Smith (Canadian)
- Rick St. Denis (Vieux Moulins) & Mike Kelly (Pakenham)
- Stephen Brown & David Turnbull
- Bill Anderson (Stonebridge) & Steve Porter (GreyHawk)
- Peter Mayo (Marshes) & Brian Darling (Rivermead)
- Dave Saunders (Prescott) & Rob Kimmerly (Prescott)
- Steph Rawlings & Greg McLaren
- Michel Denis (Falcon Ridge) & Pierre Page
- Mike Hopkins (GreyHawk) & Don Robertson (GreyHawk)
Bonuses for the golfers include:
- Top eight teams receive a complementary ClubEG Membership
- Prizes for top teams after round two
- Champions receive exemption and complementary entry into the Senior Open Division
- All players receive a complementary round of indoor golf, courtesy of Golf-O-Max on Baxter Road.
- All players receive a complementary ticket for Absolute Comedy on Preston Street
- Teams that miss the cut receive a complementary round of golf from ClubEG
Subscribe to Ron Patey’s Examiner.com golf coverage free of charge by clicking on the subscribe icon near the top of the column, after which you will receive an e-mail notification each time a new report is posted.