In an era where childhood obesity has become an epidemic, more parents are concerned about teaching their kids to eat right. On the November 1 episode of "The Doctors" health talk show, the physicians explained different ways to achieve that goal. Also on their agenda: How to build a better booty and tighten your tush. Get the skinny below.
Determined to help her family eat healthier foods, Lisa Leake took a challenge to eat only real food for 100 days. Bye, bye, boxed macaroni; hello everything-from-scratch. She offers these tips to other parents:
- Look for creative ways to feature new foods.
- Introduce only one new food at a time.
- Hide veggies in foods like sauces.
- Have patience.
- Make food fun.
Dr. Ian Smith emphasizes that small changes can provide significant results when it comes to family diets. He paid a house call to Kim and Thomas, a couple who want to improve their diets because they're worried that their fattening habits will impact their two little girls.
Here's an example of two small swaps that Dr. Ian says can have major results: Replace your thick-cut, high fat, high calorie bacon with lean turkey bacon. In addition, swap that sugary soda for plain water.
Dr. Ian provided Kim and Thomas with a two-phase diet plan:
- Begin with "Super Shred: The Big Results Diet: 4 Weeks 20 Pounds Lose It Faster!" (click for details).
- After the first four weeks on that plan, switch to "Shred: The Revolutionary Diet: 6 Weeks 4 Inches 2 Sizes" (click for details).
Following up, Dr. Ian reported that the dieting duo has already shed almost 15 pounds total. They plan to continue their weight loss and food swaps.
Next up, "The Doctors" tackled the trouble with tushes. With the exception of Beyonce, most of us want to build a better booty. Here are different ways to improve your derriere:
- Squats: Pretend that you're going to sit in a chair.
- Jump Squats: Squat down carefully, then jump.
- Lunges: Do a lunge, keeping your knee behind your toe and jumping to move from one leg to the other.
- Bridges: Lying on your back, bend your knees. Lift your body up to create a bridge and tighten your butt.
- Clam Diggers: Lying on your side with your knees bent, open your knees back and forth.