The Doctors recently discussed how small batteries that are in most homes can be hazardous to a child. According to this conversation on The Doctors, button batteries in particular are in toys and remotes and easy for children to swallow.
As stated on The Doctors, most people would not consider that a child would open anything that contains a battery and swallow the battery. However, this has happened in many families with small children.
An experiment done on The Doctors showed how a battery could eat through lunch meat. This means it could damage tissue in a human. The case discussed on the popular TV program explained that a young child had a button battery stuck in his throat. This is what causes damage.
While keeping things that contain batteries out of the reach of young children may seem to be a simple thing to do, almost every room in a home these days contains batteries of some sort. View this video from The Doctors that explains the story of one young boys experience with a battery.
If a child swallows a battery and quickly passes it, it would be possible that no damage is done. Anytime a parent is aware that a child may have swallowed a battery, an immediate trip to the emergency room is necessary.
If you would enjoy receiving notices when articles are written by this writer about Healthy Living, Pets or Nutrition, please use the subscribe button with this article or one of the links in this paragraph. Have an idea for an article or want your group or business promoted here? Feel free to send details through Facebook.