No time to lose weight? Now you have no excuses, because "The Doctors" star Dr. Travis Stork has come up with a series of 10-second weight loss tricks that can help you win at losing. He revealed his tips and tricks in a recent interview with Prevention magazine. You can get more of his suggestions in his diet book: "The Lean Belly Prescription: The fast and foolproof diet and weight-loss plan from America's top urgent-care doctor."
- Ruin your appetite: Drink a glass of water before each meal and drink a broth-based soup like miso.
- Sign up for a race to motivate yourself to work out each day and work up to race day.
- Be realistic in choosing your food for each meal rather than drastically slashing calories and rigidly counting carbohydrates: Just aim to eat healthier foods in moderation.
- Ignite your fat burners: Fire up your metabolism with capsaicin, which Dr. Stork says is the compound that gives chile peppers their mouth-searing quality. Aim for 1 tablespoon of chopped red or green chiles to boost your body's production of heat: You'll boost your metabolism by 23 percent!
- Eliminate added sugars: Out with soda, cookies, cakes and sugared breakfast cereals to cut calories more easily.
- Set goals: University of Iowa scientists discovered that people who monitored their diet and exercise goals most frequently were more likely to achieve them. Taking just a few seconds each day to track your goals and progress can make the difference! Make it easier by getting a diet and fitness journal already set up for you to log your progress, such as "Diet & Fitness Journal: Your Personal Guide to Optimum Health."