I have been writing about a couple of issues the past few months that unintentionally cross paths. I didn't start out with that in mind, but the events happening in or caused by those in Washington DC, are creating the perfect storm to inexorably alter America's DNA :
1. The Sequestration (an Obama idea that has all the earmarks of another government FUBAR).
2. Being up against the budget ceiling once more which gets worse each time.
3. A never-ending string of unwarranted and unearned Congressional and Presidential vacations.
4. A national debt closing in on $17 trillion dollars with unfunded national mandates for future federal retirement payments exceeding $86.8 trillion.
5. The immigration boondoggle that if acted upon would dump another 15-20 million people into the pot with all the U.S. LEGAL citizens trying to find work.
6. 47 million on food stamps. I'll bet they honor Obama with his picture on the Food Stamp currency shortly as the government strives handout even more goodies to those who refuse to work.
7. Unemployment and underemployment is the highest at any time since The Great Depression.
8. Family income down 14% since 2008
9. The Consumer Confidence Index is 9.1 points below the December 2007 level, which the NBER (National Bureau of Economic Research) declared as the start of this current Great Recession. The county is going in the wrong direction.
10. A string of government "hide the weenie falsehoods" (Benghazi, IRS, NSA snooping, Syria, global warming, oil shale, and countless other non-truths).
11. And to top all this off, the Administration has the gall to reward themselves and the federal employees with a pay raise while the working class of the country watch their family wealth go down the sewer.
12. If that were not rubbing our collective faces in it, many are seeing their jobs reduced to part-time status, many at less salaries, while at the same time having to face the prospect of being forced to participate in Obamacare.
13. The government's big lie continues by telling us that the quality of healthcare will be better under Obamacare, but that simply cannot happen, particularly for seniors with Medicare cuts up to $716 billion (which pays only 70% of what private insurance companies pay).
14. SAVINGS? There will be no savings from Obamacare except for the few who are exempted from participation in the program and the political cronies who get favored or subsidized treatment by the Administration. For the taxpayers we will find $1.8 in new costs and over $6.7 billion being added to the long-term federal deficit. This is in addition to countless new taxes and thousands of pages of new regulations.
15. With an estimated 45,000 healthcare professions are expected to leave their profession over the next few years and with the Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC) estimating a 124,000–159,000 physician deficit across all specialties by 2025, how can things get better?
16. Imagine an entire country heathcare system being administered by, and decisions being made as to what healthcare the citizen receive being managed with the same mindset at the Veterans Administration.
17. Oh…and one last falsehood the Administration is running from…remember those Death Panels talked about as the Obamacare bill was shoved down our throats? Ask the family of Sarah Murnaghan the little girl who needed a lung transplant, but had to go to court to get a judge to override Secretary of Health and Human Services, Kathleen Sebelius decision to deny being placed on the transplant list. While not actually a Death Panel situation, it does show what everyone believes will be the outcome of government health insurance!
As Jack Nicholson said to Tom Cruise in the movie, A few Good Men..."You can't handle the truth", which definitely applies to the American citizenry. The truth is hard to take…DO THE MATH…and tell me please, how our country is "on the road to recovery" as the Administration and mainstream media want you to believe, and how our children and grandchildren will ever have the opportunities our generation has squandered.
Prior to writing this current series on how our country's DNA is changing and in turn doing to the United States, I wrote a series of articles regarding Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) and its effect on altering gene function which will have familial (hereditary) effects on future generations. While the current study of epigenetics is proving that children of Veterans who are victims of PTSD will be at a greater risk of suicide than their peers, I am working with several leading geneticists so we can find better PTSD treatments, not just use more drugs. As I quoted in one of my previous articles, "The hippocampus plays a big role in storing memories… and this recall is obviously disrupted in PTSD patients.”
Rather than continue a non-stop treatment of pharmaceuticals to treat PTSD patients, which will never effect a cure, if we can, through a medium of counseling and other non-drug treatments, alter the role the hippocampus plays in dealing with storing and recalling memories, we might be able to develop an effective cure for PTSD in much the same manner we have learned to deal with addiction problems. Those situations (i.e. addiction to alcohol) will always be with the victims, just like the cycle of government dependency is passed down from generation to generation in relying on social services handouts. If we can learn to control PTSD with adequate counseling and support, minimizing the altering of gene function in PTSD, maybe we can do the same to the altering of our country's DNA, and change an ignorant voter base. The point to make here is that we must reprogram an altered gene function back to its original function. That same theory must be applied to the U.S voter.
When I mentioned above that the paths of these two series of articles are unwittingly converging I believe our country is on unsustainable path to change that has no resemblance to any country I knew as a boy growing up. That path is paved with a loss of freedom; financial ruin; dependency on government which will not have the financial means to support it; a permanent underclass; more crime; more chaos in the world; and possible domination by tyrannical governments which have no love or respect for America. If domination is too harsh or an incorrect term, please excuse me and accept the premise that our county's stature is being so eroded and diminished that we will be helpless to stop the imposition of tyranny by dictators and terrorists on countries unable to protect themselves including the U.S.A.
What I mean is that the United States of America, at its current rate of demise, has developed a situation of "COUNTRY post traumatic stress disorder" following 911, a lot due to voter apathy, but mostly due to the deliberate dumbing down of our educational system by the government. It seems our own government, aided by an inattentive citizenry, is allowing the Administration and the political class to so damage our country that there is no other conclusion that can be made.
It's been a case of constant stress since the Twin Tower Disaster, followed by the collapse of the U.S. economy that has led the country to a kind of PTSD that is pitting the educated and involved voter against those sucking at the teat of government. The recipients of government largess are creating a whole culture of uninvolved zombies waiting for the next round of government subsidies.
Aesop's Fables tells the story best in the tale of The Grasshopper and the Ants. For those who attended government schools and have never heard about this famous Aesop Fable, I suggest you take a few minutes to click the link above and read the tale. It is no longer a tale, folks, we are witnessing it in America today. This simple story should be required reading for every child, adult, and government bureaucrat in the country…we have arrived at this point in history.