The Dangers of Third-Hand Smoke Exposed

What choices will you make?
What choices will you make?
Image: Dynamite Imagery / FreeDigitalPhotos.net

Comments

• Jessica 5 years ago

Can't we all just quit smoking?!?!

• Gray 5 years ago

Let's follow the money, instead of the smoke! It's the "Tobacco-Related Disease Research Program" which funds this study. And not only this one, but the research of lots of scientists at Berkeley, among them Gundel, are paid from this source.
    Check their website and search for grants for "Berkeley" (not allowed to post the link here).

Hmm, imho this is something that should be noted in those news reports, don't you think? Well, and why was TRDRP created? "The Legislature asked the University of California to establish and administer a research program to facilitate the elimination of smoking in California"! So they say on their own website.

Uhuh, so a program whose purpose is to get rid of smoking, funds studies which consequently find that all things nicotine are harmful? What a surprise!!! And only nitpicking people would conclude that such an approach, where the desired result is known before the research even starts, isn't totally in line with scientific eethics...

• Ron Jenkins 5 years ago

I've smoked for years, had many health problems and still find it hard to quit...but I'm not so blind that I believe they aren't harmful!

• Lissa 5 years ago

Sorry, Gray--whatever money is being used to fund studies against smoking is pennies compared to the money that goes into the tobacco pushers PR machine...

• Renauld 5 years ago

I knew there had to be a catch to those stupid electronic cigarettes!! Ban them from the mall!

• esbella 5 years ago

ummmmmm?

• Destinee 5 years ago

Go E.T !!! You are the man!!! Keep Writing. Any company would be the luckiest company in the world to have you!!!!!!!!!

• Maria 5 years ago

Wow, I was actually impressed by the electronic cigarettes. I'm so glad this writer is posting these articles. America needs more men like him. :)

• Jane 5 years ago

Very enlightening article. I didn't even know what third hand smoke was until I read this. I've seen too many friends and relatives who tried ever so hard and could not quit but according to this, they are harming more than just themselves. I think the key to stopping smoking is prevention.

• Jeanetta 5 years ago

Not many people reported the electronic cigarette hazard--even on major outlets. Nice work!

• BRIAN PARK 5 years ago

GOOD. Many people still suffering deadly habit~~2nd or 3rd ... whatever they are all victims from nicotine~!!!

• awakenist 5 years ago

it is absolutely incredible that no one here actually read the article. when a cigarette BURNS the SMOKE residue attaches to walls and surfaces and such. when an e-cig user inhales, they receive VAPOR, not smoke. comparing smoke to vapor is dumb. smoke and vapor don't even have similar physical properties. looks like its time for you all to get a little freshening up on basic science. i'm pretty sure we went over this at my school in 4th grade. oh well...

• Camille - Dallas Health & Beauty Examiner 5 years ago

Interesting and scary article...what a nasty habit.