We have sprung into spring so it's time to start hydrating, looking radiant & beautiful. (Yes men, you too.) Don't roll your eyes at me! It's just as important for you to be handsome and glowing, as it for the ladies.
This recipe is super easy. You can do it in under 20 minutes and be a superhero at parties, with Superhero Cucumber.
If you've missed how an average cucumber became a superhero, below are links to the previous articles, all in "The Cucumber Series," which includes a new recipe every article.
I've been hearing stories that cucumbers make people belch. If you have this problem, Aunt J in Oklahoma City has the solution. She de-seeds the cucumber or purchases seedless cucumbers. This belching issue no longer happens. (I can't confirm nor deny the solution works, but it's worth a shot.)
Day 9: Stuffed Cucumber Bites
- 1 cup of finely shredded cabbage
- 1 seedless cucumber
- 2 teaspoons of olive oil
- Ham, Chicken, Turkey or tuna (optional)
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of coarsely ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons of capers (optional)
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 long sprig of mint with lots of leaves on it (for decoration mostly- but totally edible and great for getting rid of wrinkles and keeping skin healthy)
- 10 thick, slices of hothouse cucumbers
- 10 blueberries
- 10 slices of strawberries (optional)
- 1 teaspoon lavender balsamic
Chop seedless cucumber, shredded cabbage, a few mint leaves, garlic and meat (optional) together very, very finely (like a tuna salad). This will become the "filling." Pour apple cider vinegar, olive oil, pepper, capers into the mix and toss well until mixed. (Set aside)
Using a hothouse cucumber, make cucumber slices about 1" thick. Hallow out the inside of them using a sharp knife or even a spoon. Once the cucumber is hallow, spoon in the filling.
Place a strawberry & blueberry or one or the other on top.
Then very lightly drizzle lavender balsamic vinegar over the top.
The slideshow shows ways to serve this and some descent pictures by Food Allergy Gal creating them.