In the United States, a new study entitled, 'Relative trends in hospitalizations and mortality among infants by the number of vaccine doses and age, based on the Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS), 1990–2010' found a positive correlation between the number of vaccine doses administered and the percentage of hospitalizations and infant deaths.
The study determined that:
- Hospitalization rate increased linearly from 11.0 percent for 2 doses to 23.5 percent for 8 doses
- Hospitalization rate decreased linearly from 20.1 percent for children aged <0.1 year to 10.7 percent for children aged 0.9 year
- Mortality rate for 1-4 vaccine doses was 3.6 percent
- Mortality rate for 5-8 vaccine doses rose to 5.5 percent
- A disproportionate number of hospitalizations were due to the administration of the at-birth dose of the hepatitis B vaccination (73 percent of VAERS cases reported the receipt of hepatitis B vaccine, and 30 percent of these required hospitalization)
According to the study's authors:
"In 1990, infants received a total of 15 vaccine doses prior to their first year of life: 3 DPT injections (9 vaccine doses), 3 polio, and 3 Hib vaccines—5 vaccine doses at 2, 4, and 6 months of age. By 2007, the CDC recommended 26 vaccine doses for infants: 3 DTaP, 3 polio, 3 Hib, 3 hepatitis B, 3 pneumococcal, 3 rotavirus, and 2 influenza vaccines. While each childhood vaccine has individually undergone clinical trials to assess safety, studies have not been conducted to determine the safety (or efficacy) of combining vaccines during a single physician visit as recommended by CDC guidelines.
For example, 2-, 4-, and 6-month-old infants are expected to receive vaccines for polio, hepatitis B, diphtheria, tetanus, pertussis, rotavirus, Haemophilus influenzae type B, and pneumococcal, all during a single well-baby visit—even though this combination of 8 vaccine doses was never tested in clinical trials."
The above content was taken from the Mercola.com article entitled, 'Vaccine News: AAP Opposes Ban on Thimerosal, While Study Finds More Vaccines Equate to Increased Hospitalization and Death.' See: http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2013/02/26/aap-opposes-thimerosal-ban.aspx
Find Chiromother on facebook at: http://www.facebook.com/chiromother, twitter http://twitter.com/ChiroMother OR on Pinterest at: http://pinterest.com/chiromother/my-articles-and-videos-at-examiner-com-yahoo-voice/.