For Chicago area families, the end of the school year starts the hunt for a summer vacation. With busy sports schedules and an extended school year, the extended, elaborate family vacation may not be an option. Traveling a little closer to home can be the perfect long weekend getaway that is full of family fun.
St. Louis offers a great long weekend getaway for families. Nestled nearby to the popular family attractions like Magic House, St. Louis Zoo is the Cheshire. The Cheshire embodies the charm and authenticity of a traditional British inn with the amenities of today in this modern, luxury boutique hotel. We offer a complimentary Euro-continental breakfast, free bikes, a pool, a Royal Kids Program with kid-friendly activities.
The Royal Kids Program is perfect for traveling families. Our Royal Kids are invited to embark on a hotel-wide treasure hunt during their visit with Captain Burnaby’s Outstanding Treasure Hunt.
When staying at The Cheshire, you and your little ones will enjoy:
- Royal Kids Club back pack with goodies
- Cribs for our youngest guests with a cozy blanket
- A selection of children’s books
- Cheshire coloring sheets and crayons
- In-room dining options for the little ones to choose from
- Outdoor swimming pool
- Forest Park activities nearby
- St. Louis Zoo and Science Center discount coupons
After a busy day exploring the city, The Cheshire offers several restaurants to quench your thirst and satisfy your appetite.
- The Restaurant is a true blend of the old and new offering a one-of-a-kind upscale dining experience with a seasonally-inspired menu.
- Basso is a gastropub with 32 beers on tap, inventive cocktails, a host of Italian wines and a small plates Italian menu crafted by James Beard award-winning chef Patrick Connolly.
- The Market is a casual neighborhood cafe and gourmet market offering an eclectic and tasty selection of home-made foods, gourmet gifts, boutique wines and fun finds for foodies.
The Cheshire room rates vary depending on room type and availability. Please visit the hotel's website for more information.