A new winter season opened this month in Naples, and collectors found a remarkably intact art scene when they arrived in the Third Street South gallery district.
Gone from the district are Antinori Gallery, RAPT Art & Design, Dominique Boisjoli Fine Art and Dennison-Moran Gallery. Dennison-Moran has moved back to Fifth Avenue South. While Dominique Boisjoli-Dickson's tenure in the two-story Mediterranean-style Courtyard Shops at 1209 Third Street South was short-lived, the impressionist floral and landscape artist still maintains her gallery in Sante Fe, New Mexico's revered gallery district. Efforts to reach Antinori owners German R. and Clorinda Antinori Sorzana proved unsuccessful, and no information is available regarding RAPT's status or new location, if any.
Notwithstanding, with ten galleries still located along Broad Avenue and Third Street South, the district is still alive with fine art and vibrant opening night receptions. Broad Avenue, known to some as Gallery Row, is home to DeBruyne Fine Art, Gardner Colby Gallery, Marianne Friedland Gallery, Astratta, and Galerie du Soleil. The latter is under new ownership, with gallerist Shelby Ward succeeding Michael Windfeldt. On Third Street South, collectors and enthusiasts will find (alphabetically) Four Winds Gallery, HW Gallery, The Artwork Shop, The Darvish Collection and The Englishman.
Here's how you can reach these destinations:
- Astratta Gallery can be reached by phone at 239-777-2281. The gallery's website is under construction.
- DeBruyne Fine Art can be reached by phone at 239-262-4551 and online at http://www.debruynefineart.com.
- Four Winds Gallery can be reached by telephone at 239-263-7555 or online at www.fourwindsnaples.com.
- Galerie du Soleil can be reached by telephone at 239-417-3450 or online at http://www.galerie-du-soleil.com.
- Gardner Colby Gallery can be reached by telephone at 239-403-7787 or online at www.gardnercolbygallery.com.
- HW Gallery can be reached by telephone at 239-263-6640 or online at www.hwgallery.com.
- Marianne Friedland Gallery can be reached by telephone at 239-262-3484 or online at http://www.mariannefriedlandglry.com.
- The Artwork Shop can be reached by telephone at 239-262-5272. The gallery does not have either a website or Facebook presence.
- The Darvish Collection can be reached by telephone at 239-261-7581 or online at artnet.com/darvish.html.
- The Englishman can be reached by telephone at 239-649-8088 and online at http://www.theenglishmanusa.com.