1. Leisure
  2. Bars & Clubs
  3. Nightlife

The Camra and Wenlock Arms Beer and Cider Festival

As the chill in the air becomes more pronounced, there's not much that sounds more inviting than a nice big pint in a warm pub.  For the less choosey among us, that could mean popping into the closest place with decent heating, but for those with a pickier palate, it's worth the wait for the Beer and Cider Festival at the Wenlock Arms.  This year the focus is on Scottish ales.  So slap on a kilt and heed oot!  I know.  I'm sorry.

Beer and Cider Festival

The Wenlock Arms, Wenlock Rd N1 7TA, the upstairs room.

Friday 23rd October
4pm-10.30pm
Saturday 24th October
12-10.30pm

Comments

• Darren 4 years ago

What area of London is that? Sounds like something I may want to check out. Only 2 1/2 days until I'm there! I can hardly wait.

• Anne H. 4 years ago

It's in Hackney, technically. Just off City Rd between Angel and Old St tube stations. It's been beautiful here; I hope the weather holds for you!

• Darren 4 years ago

The weather has been great so far! Even saw the sun for a bit yesterday. LONDON ROCKS! I can now recommend a couple pubs in the Knightsbridge/Kensington area, the Stanhope Arms and the Gloucester Arms. Both had good food, a friendly crowd, and were reasonably priced. Come on out, we'll buy you a pint! :o)

• Anne H. 4 years ago

Oh no! I really don't check my comments frequently enough :(
    Anyway I'm so pleased you had fun, and checked out some Knightsbridge pubs for me!

• Darren 4 years ago

Only two more nights in London. The time has passed so quickly. What an amazing city! I'll definitely be back. The last pub we went to was way out in the village of Avebury, The Red Lion. We had pints of cider and listened to tales of the ghosts that allegedly haunt this 400 year old pub. Just outside is a stone ring built before Stonehenge. You can actually walk amongst the stones. One of the few opportunities to actually touch a prehistoric monument anywhere in the world. It's 2 1/2 hours from London, but well worth the trip!

• Anne H 4 years ago

Wow, that sounds amazing. I'll have to put that on the list of places to visit before I leave London (that is, if I ever get out of my flat for more than an hour)!