The Buffalo and Erie County Botanical Gardens, located at 2655 South Park Ave. in Buffalo, welcomes fall with these upcoming events in September:
· Arcangel Gallery: Doug Hansgate – now through October 13th.
· Yoga at the Gardens – Wednesdays, September 11th, 18th and 25th from 5:30 to 6:45 p.m., led by Leanne Oldenbrook from Crescent Moon Yoga - $15 per class or $100 for 10 classes (fall session – visit Gardens website below for additional dates).
· Succulent Show – September 7th through October 6th.
· Medicinal Garden Feature – September 7th from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., featuring Cholesterol Awareness and Men’s Health Month.
· Fall Plant Sale – September 13th (9 a.m. to 7 p.m.) and 14th (9 a.m. to 2 p.m.) in the new Administration Building, featuring perennials, flowering shrubs and more.
· Tree Festival – September 14th from 10 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. – learn how to choose trees for your property, how to care for them and how to identify tree species.
· Ten Plants that Rocked History – September 17th from 6:30 to 8 p.m. – stories of plants and their effects on the human race, told by horticulturalist David Clark; $20 for Garden members, $24 for non-members.
· Gala at the Gardens – September 27th beginning at 6:30 p.m. – cocktails, garden tours, live music, live and silent auctions and a sit-down dinner at the Gardens; tickets are $150.
For more information on these events and others at the Buffalo and Erie County Botanical Gardens, visit www.buffalogardens.com.
Check out all of Paula’s Buffalo Examiner columns:
Follow Paula on:
· Facebook – Paula Thompson Freelance
· Twitter - @paulat14
· Website – paulathompsonfreelance.com
· Flickr – PaulaThompsonFreelance
Contact Paula at firstname.lastname@example.org