The big dog in the neighborhood when it comes to live music outdoors in Milwaukee is, of course, Summerfest,
That great, 11-day long party ended on Sunday.
So, what do working people in Westown do now to scratch their musical itch?
It's Notes @ THE BLUE to the rescue.
'Notes' is kicking off its fourth summer on Thursday, July 10, when The Generation Gap takes the stage from 11:30 a.m. to 1:15 p.m.
The band gives its unique take on Sinatra, Ellington, Basie and much, much more.
The only afternoon series in downtown Milwaukee, 'Notes' is sponsored by Rait Commercial, LLC, which owns and tends to the property.
This year's lineup has some popular returnees as well as new artists in a variety of genres.
Each Thursday in August, attendees are encouraged to bring back-to-school supplies for needy kids.
The Blue had a client donate 100 backpacks that need filling up.
That's where you come in.
Bring what you can when you come to listen and start stuffing.
Besides the Generation Gap, the acclaimed acoustic duo LJ & Bill, DJ & The Blusers and Val Sigal are also hitting the plaza again this year.
Notes @ THE BLUE for 2014:
- July 10: The Generation G_ap ~ Jazz & Standards
- July 17: Jeannine Rivers Group ~ Jazz, R&B, Funk
- July 24: Valerie B & The Boyz ~ R&B and Funk
- July 31: Paul Kaye Blues~ Blues and Jazz
- August 7: Tomcat Joe ~ Rockabilly Blues
- August 14: DJ Dolen & The Blusers ~ Blues
- August 21: Jim Schutte's American Blues w/Rockin' Johnny and Mike Morrison ~ Blues
- August 28: Val Sigal ~ World Accordion
- September 4: LJ & Bill ~ LJ's Originals and Covers
- September 11: Jayme Dawicki ~ Originals and Covers