January 31, 2013
LEAN FORWARD !!
The RIM BLACKBERRY z10
In the world of technology, it is rare that the company, or person who invents a brilliant product will get to stay on top for long. Because that invention now becomes a goal of others to beat. Such is the story of RIM or Research in Motion, the inventor of the BlackBerry. The Blackberry is to smartphones, what the missing link is to humans. The BB was a bridge between the smartpager (for those old enough to remember what a pager is), and the current smartphone.
However, RIM somehow didn't got the memo, or maybe they were out that day. Anyway, in 2007 Apple introduced the iphone, and blew past the Blackberry like it was standing still. The Blackberry albeit was the standard of smartphones for quite some time. Users loved the physical keyboard, and how tough the phone was. Corporations really adopted the BB once the company developed the Blackberry enterprise server allowing business users to have secure communications. Even President Obama is or was a BlackBerry phonatic.
Sadly enough, for RIM, they were no match for the flurry of smartphones being introduced, and in numbers like never before. The death of the BB was eminent. As the story goes, RIM was not about to leave without a fight, and decided to go down swinging with one last try, which brings us to the topic of our review "The newly re-designed BLACKBERRY z10" It's not your fathers BLACKBERRY, or Crack berry as they have become known as.
Let me paint you a brief picture of the z10 and it's more prominent features
- The BB z10 has a 4.2" touch screen
- .35in thick or should I say thin- 1280x768at 365 ppi
- 2 cameras, 1 front facing 8mp, and the other rear facing
- 16 gb of internal storage
- 720p HD recording
- On-screen keyboard
- 10 hours of stand-by battery
- Micro SD card storage
- 4g LTE Verizon
Lets you to group your interests and projects in separate folders
The z10 keeps your business and personal data separate
Business e-mails and documents are kept separate from personal email and docs
With one swipe of a finger, either can be revealed or hidden
You can sync your Outlook calendar events with the z10
The BB has long been known for its security
* Your pictures,messages and apps are kept secure
* If your phone is lost or stolen you have 2 options:
completely lock the phone or remotely destroy all of the data
* Share photos, contacts or Apps - Just by tapping the 2 phones together
* The Blackberry z 10 has a long list of preloaded apps, more like a laptop, than phone
* BB calendar and BB internet browser
* Documents to Go - Story maker used to edit your videos
* Facebook- Linkedin- Twitter- Four square and BB maps
* Games - UTube-BlackBerry news stand - voice control of the phone
* Weather -Clock - Calendar - Compass - File manager
* Dropbox- Print to go - Adobe reader - Camera time shift
* 4g LTE Verizon Wi-Fi - GPS
From what I can see, of the newly reconstituted BLACKBERRY z10, is a fantastic phone. It is my opinion, Toe-to-Toe the z10 is no match for the Iphone, the Samsung Note, The Windows phone, or several other current smartphones on the market. However, for anyone who is or wants to become a BB user, the z10 is fantastic. You can remain a corporate user with the same fantastic features that all current smart phone are using. It is well worth a looking at. It also seems that in RIMS haste to launch their new Flagship, they forgot the APPS !! Currently, Apple has just north of 700,000 apps. But that's fine, No ONE rises to low expectations, I'm sure RIM will do everything they can to win our business back, and They are off to a GREAT start with the BLACKBERRY Z10.
Check out my other articles and interests at CarCarePro.org
"Start something New - Today"