- Choose a career
- Be a leader
- Start a business
- Manage money
And, perhaps the most useful chapter is the one on How To Get a Great Job. Carpenter covers:
- How to get informational interviews
- How to get job interviews
- What to say during interviews
- How to read interviewers
- How to use headhunters
- How and when to send thank you notes
- How to be more aggressive during the job search process
- How to prepare for an interview
"When you become responsible for yourself, and you are being paid to do a job, you are in the big leagues -- The Bigs," explains Carpenter.
In his book, written for his his eldest daughter as she entered the workforce, Wall Street veteran Carpenter chronicles the people he met, the experiences he had, the mistakes he made, and what he learned along the way.
"The Bigs is a book that parents will want to read and give to their children—and their children will want to read and share with their friends." says Carpenter.